Key product features
- Excellent cryoembedding of small fragments including delicate tissues from Mohs surgery
- Eliminates freezing and compression artefacts
- Rapid freezing time of only 60 seconds
- No liquid nitrogen, CO2, or isopentane
- Obtains perfectly ‘flat plane’ surfaces
For more information on proprietary reagents, including MCC, click here
The optimal frozen section begins with an evenly and completely frozen tissue block in which the block face to be sectioned is flat and includes a complete, full faced section of the tissue submitted.
- Standardised freezing: Freezing at -40°C for all types of tissues, even for those difficult to cut at the cryostat such as breast and lymph nodes.
- High throughput: Up to 6 samples can be frozen in parallel or in sequential order in 6 minutes.
- Faster sectioning: Reduced trimming time at the cryostat through planarity of specimen mounted in cryoembedding compound.
- Patented technique: Uses the patented ‘face down’ embedding technique to obtain perfectly ‘flat plane’ surfaces.
- Best operating procedure: Step by step application guidelines.
- Improved quality: Eliminates compression artefacts and retraction of tissues.
- High safety standards: HEPA filter for improved operator safety.
- Environmentally friendly: Advanced technology. Stirling cooler uses Helium gas as a refrigerant in a sealed stainless steel chamber. No standard compressor, therefore no CFC.
- Automated: Fully automatic defrost feature.
- Fully documentable: USB port enables both updating of software and downloading of event logs for full documentation.
- Space saving: Small footprint accommodates space restricted lab or clinic environments.
- Stirling cooler freezing module
- Anodized aluminium freezing platform
- 4.3" touch screen terminal.
- 1 USB port
- Dimensions: 45cm (H) (with cover open 73cm) x 30cm (W) x 54cm (D)
- Weight: 22 kg
- Power supply: 230V ~ 50/60Hz
Mohs and the benefits of new embedding and staining systems (white paper)