Key product features
- Compact design with touch screen monitor and on-board processor
- Plug & Play
- High-quality scanning sensor
- Integrated 1D/2D barcode reader
- Digital microscope for real-time live slide viewing
- Remote digital microscope
- Optional Images Analysis modules
- Web application
NAVIGO Premium is the new fully automated compact brightfield slide scanner for digital pathology that allows fast and reliable acquisition, navigation, analysis, archiving and sharing of high quality digital images. The compact and functional design makes it easy for any operator to use, even when workspace is limited. The on-board processor and 15.6-inch full HD colour touch screen monitor make it fully plug & play. Entire slides can be scanned at selectable magnifications with high focus precision and excellent image quality. The digital microscope allows real-time slide browsing and workflow control also from remote workstations. NAVIGO's dedicated Web application provides unlimited remote access to acquired images and password-protected access to individual files and working environments. NAVIGO manages each process in a single work environment, guaranteeing optimised workflows tailored to the needs of each pathologist.
- Compact design with 15.6-inch full HD touch screen monitor and on-board processor
- 2-slide capacity
- Motorised revolver with four high-resolution objectives (4x,10x,20x,40x)
- High-quality scanning sensor
- Fast preview acquisition via Webcam (1s)
- Variety of hardware profiles (histology, cytology, haematology)
- Integrated 1D/2D barcode reader
- Measuring, mark-up and text tools
- Analysis modules for membrane, nuclear and tissue microarray
- Optional Enjoy ambidextrous joystick for navigating images
- Digital microscope for live mode slide browsing
Capture every detail of your samples with the NAVIGO digital microscope
The NAVIGO digital microscope allows real-time live sample viewing. The user can easily change the camera settings and objectives, pan the entire slide and acquire and save any image. NAVIGO’s telepathology capabilities enable remote intranet and internet users to access live slides and to navigate them as with a conventional microscope. Users can securely access the system and take full control of it (remote digital microscopy).
NAVIGO viewer: An enhanced user experience for advanced visualisation
With the advanced image viewer, users can enjoy the benefits of user-friendly software to:
- Change magnification (4x, 10x, 20x and 40x)
- Use the zoom function
- Use the focus slider to view different layers in Z-stack images
- Manage the measuring, mark-up and text tools
- Perform image analysis/apply image processing algorithms
- Choose the file format for saving images.
Whether viewing digital slides locally on your NAVIGO monitor or remotely on your desktop (through a web browser/integrated web viewer), the intuitive interface and customised workflows provide a consistently excellent viewing experience.
NAVIGO scanning system
The scanning environment allows acquiring one or more slides and turning them into a digital image thanks to a simple and intuitive wizard. The possibility to generate a fast preview of the slide allows to easily selecting and chose the scanning area. The focal plane during scanning is controlled using three possible solutions, that user can select: Speed, Precision and Z-stack. NAVIGO uses a highly efficient image compression technique to reduce file size without losing image content. For example an area of 5 square centimetres scanned with a 40x objective has an output dimension smaller than 500 MB in size, where the standard is now close to 1GB. After the scanning procedure the case is automatically stored.
|Slide loading||2 slides automatic|
|Objective||4x, 10x, 20x, 40x|
|Scan speed (1 cm2)||Speed mode: 4x < 10 sec, 10x < 40 sec, 20x < 2 min, 40x < 6 min
Precise mode: 4x < 10 sec, 10x < 1 min, 20x < 3 min, 40x < 12 min
|Resolution at 20x||0.5 µm/pixel|
|Resolution at 40x||0.25 µm/pixel|
|Image compression||JPEG 2000|
|Image compression ratio||1x1 cm at 20x ≈ 80 MB (not compressed ≈ 1 GB)
1x1 cm at 40x ≈ 140 MB (not compressed ≈ 4 GB)
|PC and Monitor||Inbuilt full HD Monitor 15.6" (1920x1080 pixels) with touch screen and processor (1TB hard disk)|
|Digital microscope acquisition||Yes|
|Optional accessories||Enjoy joystick|
|Image analysis modules||IHC Analysis module, IHC Membrane, IHC Nuclei, TMA|
|Web application||Optional (NAVIWEB)|
Environmental Conditions - Working Session
|Relative Humidity||8-75% RH (no condensate)|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz|
|Size (WxHxD)||68 x 52 x 40 cm|
Image analysis software modules
Pathology images contain embedded prognostic data that may not be apparent to a pathologist. Mining these subtle features can provide better quantitative modelling to improve prediction of disease aggressiveness, patient outcomes and even response to specific targeted therapies. Menarini’s algorithms enhance overall system functionality through computer-assisted quantitative slide analysis to support treatment decisions with objective data and bring patient safety to the forefront.
For each one of the available tool it is possible:
- The customisation of the analysis with the definition of new dedicated analysis profiles
- The selection of regions of interest of analysis at various magnifications and the possibility, within the same fields, include / exclude regions.
- Processing of multiple regions within the same image automatically accumulating the partial results into one final result.
Brightfield Analysis Modules
Membrane analysis module:
IHC Nuclei analysis:
Tissue Micro Array (TMA) module:
The Tissue Micro Array (TMA) analysis is an application to identify and visualise several patient’s spots. TMA are used to have in a single slide micro-quantity of tissue coming from different samples (tissue /patients). In each slide the tumour specimens are inserted in a new matrix that allows identifying each different spot in a univocal manner. During spot-patient association, the system automatically identify all the spots and loads, from external file (.xls), all the patient's information and it directly associated with the found spot. Using virtual spots’ browsing is possible both: view spots inserted in the slide and all the data extract from the external Excel file, and make searches. For example is possible to search all the spots of the same patient insert in more than one slide.