All-in-one brightfield and fluorescence system
Key product features
- High-quality scanning sensor with dual camera (monochrome and colour)
- Integrated 1D/2D barcode reader
- Digital microscope for real-time live slide viewing
- Remote digital microscope
- Optional Images Analysis modules
- Web application
D-SIGHT FLUO is an automated all-in-one brightfield and fluorescence slide scanner for digital pathology that allows fast and reliable acquisition, navigation, analysis, archiving and sharing of high quality digital images. Entire slides can be scanned at selectable magnifications with high focus precision and excellent image quality. The digital microscope allows real-time slide browsing and workflow control also from remote workstations. D-Sights dedicated Web application provides unlimited remote access to acquired images and password-protected access to individual files and working environments. D-Sight manages each process in a single work environment, guaranteeing optimised workflows tailored to the needs of each pathologist.
- 8-slide capacity
- Motorised revolver with up to 7 high-resolution objectives (supplied with 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x oil immersion)
- Up to 6 filters
- Variety of hardware profiles (H&E, IHC, haematology, cytology)
- Selectable magnifications
- Measuring, mark-up and text tools
- Optional Enjoy ambidextrous joystick for navigating images
- Analysis modules for membrane, nuclei, tissue microarray, FISH amplification, FISH translocation, FISH Spot counting and immunofluorescence
- Optional macro section slide tray
|Slides||8 slides automatic|
|Scanning speed||Brightfield – few min complete slide scan at 20x (1cm2 area)
“Speed” Mode: 4x < 10 sec, 20x < 2 min, 40x < 6 min
“Precise” Mode: 4x < 10 sec, 20x < 3 min, 40x < 12 min
|Fluorescence||25s per z-stack field for Her-2 FISH at 60x Oil|
|Camera||Colour and monochrome|
|Objective||4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x oil immersion|
|Number of objectives||Up to 7|
|Scanning magnification||10x, 20x, 40x, 60x|
|Resolution at 20x||0.5 µm/pixel|
|Resolution at 40x||0.25 µm/pixel|
|Resolution at 60x||0.107µm/pixel|
|Compression level (brightfield)||1x1cm a 20x ≈ 80MB (not compressed ≈ 1GB)
1x1cm a 40x ≈ 140MB (not compressed ≈ 4GB).
|Compression level (fluorescence)||1x1mm at 60x ≈ 50MB (not compressed ≈ 300MB)|
|Illumination||LED+ Mercury lamp|
|Maximum number of filters||Up to 6|
|Digital microscope acquisition||Yes|
|Optional accessories||Monitor 24” Full HD, Enjoy joystick|
|Image analysis modules||IHC analysis module, IHC membrane, IHC nuclei, TMA, FISH amplification, FISH translocations, Spot couting|
|Web application||Optional (NAVIWEB)|
Environmental Conditions - Working Session
|Relative Humidity||8-75% RH (no condensate)|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz|
|Microscope Unit (HxWxL)||60 x 60 x 40 cm|
|Processing Unit (HxWxL)||46 x 52 x 21 cm|
|Display Unit 24" (HxWxL)||46 x 25 x 57 cm|
Image analysis software modules
Pathology images contain embedded prognostic data that may not be apparent to a pathologist. Mining these subtle features can provide better quantitative modelling to improve prediction of disease aggressiveness, patient outcomes and even response to specific targeted therapies. Menarini’s algorithms enhance overall system functionality through computer-assisted quantitative slide analysis to support treatment decisions with objective data and bring patient safety to the forefront.
For each one of the available tool it is possible:
- The customisation of the analysis with the definition of new dedicated analysis profiles
- The selection of regions of interest of analysis at various magnifications and the possibility, within the same fields, include / exclude regions.
- Processing of multiple regions within the same image automatically accumulating the partial results into one final result.
Membrane analysis module:
IHC Nuclei analysis:
Tissue Micro Array (TMA) module:
The Tissue Micro Array (TMA) analysis is an application to identify and visualise several patient’s spots. TMA are used to have in a single slide micro-quantity of tissue coming from different samples (tissue /patients). In each slide the tumour specimens are inserted in a new matrix that allows identifying each different spot in a univocal manner. During spot-patient association, the system automatically identify all the spots and loads, from external file (.xls), all the patient's information and it directly associated with the found spot. Using virtual spots’ browsing is possible both: view spots inserted in the slide and all the data extract from the external Excel file, and make searches
Fluorescent analysis modules
Gold standard fluorescent in situ hybridisation (FISH) is a valuable research and diagnostics technique; however, it requires the scientist to manually assess each slide using a fluorescent microscope, a procedure that can be laborious and time consuming. D-Sight automated scanners enable high quality image capture and consistent and accurate analysis of FISH slides, minimising user interaction for a faster and more efficient workflow.
- Automatic previewing, barcode reading and scanning
- Suspension and tissue FISH analysis
- Brightfield and fluorescence image acquisition with the same machine (D-Sight FLUO)
- H&E/FISH Tissue Matching (D-Sight FLUO)
- Automated capture, segmentation and cell classification
- Automated and user-defined nuclei segmentation and spot thresholding.
- Intuitive probe definition
- Interactive gallery of identified nuclei
- Darkfield preview for easy localisation of fluorescent samples
FISH Amplification module
- Gene amplification detection
- Evaluation of the HER2/CEP17 ratio and FGFR1 amplification ratio
- Manual and automated HER2/neu tissue samples analysis
- Automated segmentation of clustered and touching cells
- Detection and enumeration of all signals
FISH Translocation module:
The D-SIGHT systems with the FISH Translocations analysis module allows fluorescence analysis of one gene rearrangements using a 60x oil immersion objective (or others with lower magnification, if set by the user).
The system captures multiple images at a different focal level for each channel and is able to create an automated merged image where the auto-fluorescence effects on the probe channels are completely removed.
- Identification and evaluation of gene rearrangement
- Analysis of break-apart or dual fusion probes (ALK, ROS)
- Automated, computer-aided cell segmentation, signal detection and cell classification
- 3D distance evaluation using separate Z-stack acquisition for each probe
FISH Spot counting module:
- Automated cell segmentation, spot signals count and cell classification
- Statistical analysis of all counted cells
- User-defined cell clusters based on signal count or amplification ranges
System generate a resume table for each analysed slides were are displayed the total nuclei number, the number of positive and negative number, the nuclei’s number of each positive or negative classes, the test results. As for the HER-2 test the bright field slide can be superimposed to the fluorescent image.
FISH amplification is CE IVD certified for HER2 FISH testing when using Vysis PathVysion HER2 DNA Dual Colour Probe Kit. Other applications are for research use only
Immunofluorescence slide scanning:
The D-Sight FLUO/FISH allows defining customised test for immunofluorescence slides acquisition. The test can include several probes each one associated to a specific filter. The system, starting from the image preview, identifies the area to be scanned and digitalise the slide. During the scanning the system captures multiple images at a different focal level for each channel and is able to create an automated merged image where the auto-fluorescence effects on the probe channels are completely removed. If several probes have been used, the image is reconstructed by using different colour the user can choose.
System can scan:
- Kidney biopsy by using single probe with FITC filter
- Skinny biopsy by using single probe with FITC filter
- Acquisition with up 6 different probes