Diagnosis without boundaries
Enabling collaboration regardless of distance
Menarini Diagnostics slide scanners and software solutions work seamlessly together to allow pathologists to quickly and easily obtain a second opinion by eliminating the need to physically package and transport slides, facilitating close connections among experts in the patient diagnosis pathway.
When a patient is undergoing surgery, rapid diagnostic decisions are required and every minute counts. The Menarini smart digital pathology solution changes the practice of pathology by allowing remote examinations, offering a tailored workflow for intraoperative consultation with instant remote access to expert review on digital slides. Engage in peer-to-peer interaction and share expertise, reducing costs without compromising excellence in patient care.
The shortage of donor organs for lifesaving transplants has led to the utilisation of organs from donors with underlying conditions that require stringent perioperative evaluation. In these circumstances the pathologist serves as a gatekeeper to ensure that usable organs are not discarded and defective organs are not inappropriately transplanted. Telepathology with frozen sections is a powerful tool that can contribute to meeting these goals.
Additional applications of transplantation telepathology:
- Evaluation of pre-transplant biopsies to determine the cause of the underlying disease and avoid contraindicated transplantation (e.g., systemic diseases, potentially reversible diseases)
- Consultation in the post-transplant setting (e.g., evaluation of biopsies to uncover the causes of allograft dysfunction)
Consultation and second opinion
Specialised and difficult cases can challenge any pathologist. The Menarini smart digital pathology solution enables you to consult and get opinions on difficult and urgent cases anytime/anywhere by easily connecting with colleagues in the same organisation or experts around the globe, in minutes, instead of days.
- Send instant requests for review and/or consultation
- Decrease time-to-result and improve efficiency
- Avoid sample shipping costs or pathologist travel
- Eliminate risks associated with shipping glass microscope slides
- Free up staff and resources
- Avoid using emails to send digital slides
- Enable multiple site consultation
A new learning and training experience driven by sharing and technology
E-learning and digital education for students
Learning pathology is a challenge and students must develop the skills to understand organ and tissue structure, at the cellular level. Courses in biology and medicine use demonstration of histological and cytological slides at microscope as part of the training. The Menarini smart digital pathology system provides a novel clinical case-based approach to teaching pathology in medical schools and teaching hospitals through digital images, virtual online slides, and a learning management system for training course.
- Increases student engagement
- Provides a collaborative environment
- Reduces costs for specialised equipment and resources
- Allows development of customisable tools and branded platforms
Virtual workshops/seminars, training courses, MDT meetings
The Menarini smart digital pathology solution can help create an innovative sharing experience among colleagues for training and non-clinical collaboration. Menarini network integration tools will help you develop a collaborative environment with a cost-effective solution.
- Improves and harmonises pathology reports
- Reduces time spent at meetings and preparing for MDTMs
- Promotes continuing education
- Connects professionals during international congresses
Whole slide digital imaging can play a significant role in anatomic pathology quality assurance initiatives, both inter and intra-laboratory. The Menarini smart digital pathology solution provides the necessary sharing, standardisation and traceability tools to plan quality control strategies in histology and cytology diagnostics.